Since it's inception, ICA has leveraged the power of voice to voice training. This e-learning style draws on many of the skills essential to coaching mastery - active listening, presence, focus and non judgment. It heightens the observation, learning and practice of coaching competencies. Students learn to attune to what is said and not said, to tone, pitch, and energy, and even the communication clues in a dry cough, a nervous laugh or an unusual pause. We also pride ourselves on offering the best e-learning possible and staying up with (or even ahead) of technology. As such, Video will also be an option during 2018.
And, you choose how you learn best. If you would prefer to use audio only then you dial into a class the same way you would join a conference call (dial a number using skype or landline). If you would like to 'see' your peers, then use the Audio with Video option (Selected classes)
In preparation you need
- you will need the zoom app installed on your phone or laptop
- landline or Skype (as a back up)
- a quiet space without background noise of distraction
- to convert the time of the class to your location (see your booking confirmation)
- to read the module and watch the video tutorial
Connecting to a Class
To connect using Audio
- Dial into class using either a local number, or one of the US numbers
- Enter the Meeting ID (see your booking confirmation email)
- Announce yourself (the trainer will be expecting you)
To connect using Video (laptop)
- Go to website: https://coachcampus.zoom.us/join
- Step 2: Click ‘Join in a Meeting’
- Step 3: Type in the meeting ID (For students attending Supervision Course, you will receive the meeting ID in your confirmation email upon successful registration)
- Step 4: After typing in the meeting ID and clicking ‘Join’, you will be led to a new page. Click ‘Open Zoom Meetings’ .
- Step 5: Enter Meeting Password
- Step 6: Select ‘Join Audio Conference on Computer’ after opening the meeting page. You may test Computer Mic & Speakers before joining the meeting.
After ‘Join Audio Conference on Computer’ is clicked, you will be led to the meeting interface where you may video/audio chat with all participants. Please make sure the microphone icon is NOT crossed off, and if you would like to keep your camera on but the camera icon at the left-hand bottom is crossed off, you may turn it on by a single click with your cursor.
TEST IT FOR YOURSELF
Using the Dial Codes, Meeting Code, and Video links below, you can connect to a zoom call to test out the process. There wont be anyone on the call, but you will get to connect, and explore how the technology works.
- Download the zoom app zoom app installed
- Click join meeting https://coachcampus.zoom.us/join
- Enter TEST Meeting ID 407-710-158
- Click ‘Open Zoom Meetings’ .
Connect Via Video from Your Smart Phone
Step 1: Download Zoom on the APP market.
Step 2: After downloading and installing Zoom successfully to your phone, click and open it and choose ‘Join a Meeting’ on the APP interface.
Step 3: : Type in the meeting ID (For students attending Supervision Course, you will receive the meeting ID in your confirmation email upon successful registration)
Step 4: Enter Meeting Password
Please make sure NOT to disconnect to audio. You WON’T be able to hear the conversation if the audio is disconnected. If you select to turn off your video, your camera will maintain off during the conference.